Silicon Carbide Raw Materials
Silicon carbide raw materials
The workshop of WXIT is divided into several areas used for raw material warehousing, raw material detection, numerical control processing, assembly, finished product detection and finished product warehousing. The quality of each step, from raw materials, parts processing, equipment assembly to finished product inspection, is fully guaranteed.
The pressure free sintered silicon carbide has the following characteristics::
1.High thermal conductivity:
- The thermal conductivity of the pressure free sintered silicon carbide is much higher than other corrosion resistant materials
- The pressure free sintered silicon carbide occupies a smaller heat transfer area with the same heat exchange efficiency
- This material allows for a smaller heat exchanger size
- The pressure free sintered silicon carbide significantly reduces occupied space, which saves money.
The following are the results of different corrosion resistance levels in different solution:
- This material features a high corrosion, oxidation and erosion resistance.
- The pressure free sintered silicon carbide can withstand high concentrations of sulfuric acid, nitric acid, phosphoric acid, mixed acid, strong alkali, oxidant, and other highly corrosive materials
- This material is the only ceramic material that cannot be corroded by hydrofluoric acid.
- It has an excellent service life.
|Corrosive medium ||Temperature（℃） ||Corrosion rate mg/cm2.Y ||Corrosion rate mm/Y |
|98%H2SO4 ||Sulfuric acid ||100 ||0.98 ||0.0032 |
|54%HF ||Hydrofluoric acid ||25 ||0.06 ||0.0002 |
|50%NaOH ||Sodium hydroxide ||100 ||1.25 ||0.0040 |
|45%KOH ||Potassium hydroxide ||100 ||0.04 ||0.0001 |
|70%HNO3 ||Nitric acid ||86 ||0.04 ||0.0001 |
|37%HCL ||Hydrochloric acid ||25 ||0.07 ||0.0002 |
|10%HF&HNO3 ||Hydrofluoric acid & nitric acid ||25 ||0.05 ||0.0002 |
|10%HF&HNO3 ||Hydrofluoric acid & nitric acid ||120 ||1.25 ||0.0040 |
3. Excellent thermodynamic properties
- High strength and high hardness
- The pressure free sintered silicon carbide has a high abrasion resistance and anti-penetrant efficiency under high temperature and high pressure conditions.
- This material allows the medium to pass through at high speeds.
- It can work normally at 1300 ℃.
Compared with heat exchangers made suing other materials, the heat exchanger made of pressure free sintered silicon carbide material has the following advantages:
|Detected Items ||Detection result |
|Volume density ||3.12 g/cm3 |
|Bending strength ||400 MPa |
|Strength of anti-static pressure ||20 MPa |
|Elastic modulus ||410 GPa |
|Fracture toughness ||3.80 Mpa*m1/2 |
|Heat conductivity(room temperature) ||140 W/m*K |
|Coefficient of thermal expansion ||4.66（RT-1000oC）10-6/K |
- The silicon carbide heat exchanger has a lower price and shorter delivery period, compared to noble metals such as tantalum, zirconium and hastelloy alloy.
- This heat exchanger features a higher strength, higher purity and stronger corrosion resistance in comparison with graphite heat exchangers.
- Compared with enamel heat exchangers, heat exchangers made using a pressure free sintered silicon carbide has a stronger acid resistant performance, which avoids chipping that occurs when using enamel materials.
- Our heat changer has an excellent thermal conductivity and stronger pressure resistance which can reach 100Bar in the tests compared with Teflon heat exchangers.